We kid but volunteers are CRITICAL to a successful program and we NEED your HELP. There are many different ways for you to help for both Boys and Girls lacrosse programs. Here are some roles that are needed with a brief explanation of what is required:
- Age Group Coordinators – Each age group needs a person to help coordinate the the weekly schedules of the teams. This person works directly with the Head Coaches to coordinate team activities.
- Coaches (Head and Assistant Coaches) – You can never have enough coaches. The more coaches we have more attention each individual player will receive. Regardless of your knowledge of the game your participation is important.
- Referee Coordination – This is a job that requires more than one person. BYC trains Garnet Valley’s GVHS and GVMS lacrosse players to referee the girls’ games. This coordinator(s) would work with the Game Scheduler to understand the referee needs and would then create a schedule for the refs. They would communicate with the refs throughout the season and help with ref substitutes when needed. Payment to the refs would also need to be organized. This will take approximately 5-10 hours of time in the beginning of the season. Changes during the season are another 2-3 hours.
- Game Scheduler – Work with the program commissioners to schedule Intramural and Travel Games that are all played on Garnet Valley fields. You would work with the Ref Coordinator to convey the game schedule. This will take approximately 10-15 hours of time in the beginning of the season. Changes during the season are another 3-5 hours.
- Equipment Management – BYC stores their equipment locally and needs a person to help organize the lacrosse equipment and coordinate with the Head Coaches to distribute and retrieve all lacrosse equipment at the beginning and the end of the season. The Commissioner is responsible for ordering equipment – we just need help with its distribution and inventory. This will take approximately 2 hours of time in the beginning of the season. Collection of equipment at the end of season will take another 2 hours.
- Organizing and Distributing Uniforms – Intramural players receive a team tshirt and the Travel players receive a team uniform/team clothing at the beginning of the season. We need a person to be on point for each Program to help. The Intramural volunteer(s) would need to distribute the tshirts to head coaches. The Travel Program Volunteer would need to work with Team Managers to get appropriate uniform size and help distribute the uniforms to Head Coaches. This will take approximately 1-2 hours of time in the beginning of the season.
- Picture Day Coordination – This coordinator would work with the Commissioner and the Photographer to set and communicate the Picture Day for BYC Intramural and Travel program. This will take approximately 1-2 hours of time in the beginning of the season.
- Practice Package Management – the girls loved to get BYC wear, but can only be possible with your help. These Volunteers would need to collect order forms, place the order, and help distribute the clothing to Head Coaches. This will take approximately 2-4 hours of time in the beginning of the season.